If you’re using a Mac and you want to know how to remove Dropbox from Mac, there are a few different ways you can do it. You can delete the app from your Applications folder, or you can unlink your account from the app. You can also use a third-party uninstaller like AppCleaner. Whichever method you choose, make sure you empty the Trash when you’re done.
What Is Dropbox And Why Would You Want To Remove It?
Dropbox is a cloud storage and file synchronization service founded by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. It allows users to upload, share, and access files from anywhere. Dropbox also offers a variety of features, including the ability to create and edit documents, share links, and add comments. However, some users may not want to use Dropbox because it requires an internet connection and takes up space on their devices. If you’re one of those users, here’s how to remove Dropbox from your Mac.
How To Back Up Files Before Removing Dropbox?
1. Log into your account and go to the Preferences menu.
2. Click on the Account tab, scroll down to the bottom, and click Download .zip under “Export.”
3. A zip file of everything in your Dropbox will download onto your computer.
4. Now that you have a backup, delete your Dropbox folder off of your computer using the instructions here: support.dropbox.
How To Uninstall The Program?
If you’re done using Dropbox and want to uninstall it from your Mac, here’s how. First, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed. To do this, open the App Store and click on the Updates tab. If there’s an update available for Dropbox, click Update.
Next, open Finder and go to the Applications folder. Locate the Dropbox app and drag it to the “Trash.” You may be prompted for your password.
Finally, empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation process.
How To Delete Remaining Files After Uninstalling?
When you uninstall Dropbox, it doesn’t remove all of the files from your computer. If you want to remove everything, you’ll need to delete the remaining files manually. Here’s how:
First, open Finder and go to your Applications folder. Find the Dropbox app and drag it to the Trash. This will remove the main Dropbox application, but not all of the files.
Next, open up a new Finder window and go to your Home folder. You should see a folder called “.dropbox.” Drag this folder to the Trash as well. This will remove any remaining files that were synced with Dropbox.
If you want to be absolutely sure that all traces of Dropbox have been removed from your Mac, you can use a free app like AppCleaner. Just download and install AppCleaner, then drag the Dropbox app into the AppCleaner window.
Summary Of Steps
1. Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar.
2. Click the gear icon.
3. Click Preferences…
4. Click the Account tab.
5. Scroll to the bottom and click Unlink this Dropbox…
6. Click OK in the confirmation window that appears.
When you’re finished using Dropbox on your Mac, you can follow the steps below to remove it. First, you’ll need to log out of your account and then delete the app. Once that’s done, you can go into your System Preferences and remove any lingering files or folders.
To remove Dropbox from your Mac:
1. Log out of your account: Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, then click your name in the top-right corner and select “Log Out” from the drop-down menu.
2. Delete the app: Go to the Applications folder and drag Dropbox to the Trash. Alternatively, you can right-click on the app and select “Move to Trash.”
3. Remove any lingering files or folders: Open System Preferences and go to Accounts (or Users & Groups).